Iwerne Minster is a small village and civil parish on the edge of the Blackmore Vale, halfway between the towns of Shaftesbury and Blandford Forum. It is positioned within the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Down Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with the River Iwerne flowing from a spring in the heart of the village.
The original Minister is now known as St Mary's Church and was built by the Normans in 1100 on the site of another church.
On the northern edge of the village is Clayesmore School. This private school was established in 1896 but only moved to Iwerne Minster in 1933 when the current school building, Wolverton House, was put up for sale. Built in 1878, the house was the home of the Barons Wolverton.